Volunteering at Temple Fortune Medical Group
Meet and Greet Volunteer Role Description and Person Specification Purpose:
The purpose of this role is to assist the work of staff in non-medical matters and to support patient access to the practice. To create a friendly, welcoming and helpful environment at the Health Centre. To offer directional advice and practical assistance as required by patients and visitors in collaboration with the Practice Staff.
- 1 – 3 sessions a week
- Time period 9:00am – 12:30pm (spilt shifts)
- 2 volunteers per shift Support for flu clinics
- Meet & greet patients at Temple Fortune Health Centre
- Help patients use the self-arrival screen
- Direct patients to their appropriate reception area clinical room
- Signpost rooms, toilets & specific services (eg upstairs)
- Keep an eye out for anyone who may need help
- Advise on how to use the repeat prescription service
- Promote Online Patient Access: explain how to register & how the system works
- Support access to HUB: explain how it works & where to go
- Help with completing registration forms
- Help with the management of flu clinics
- Offer assistance to patients with mobility issues
- Offer assistance to patients with young children
- Support patient access to general & voluntary sector information provided by the practice
- Assist the medical practices with specific tasks (e.g disseminating information, actively encouraging feedback)
- Excellent reliability and time-keeping
- Ability to be polite, helpful, friendly and able to communicate clearly with people of different ages and backgrounds (Speakers of other community languages very welcome)
- Genuine desire and commitment to support practice patients and visitors -> Sufficient maturity, sensitivity and tact to deal with people in what may be a stressful environment for them
- Sufficient fitness and ability to undertake the role
- Ability, understanding and determination to work within the boundaries of the role
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to exercise judgement and decision making and to report incidents when necessary
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.